Legends of the Galaxy uses the Star Wars Roleplaying system by Fantasy Flight Games; Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, Force and Destiny. When creating a new character you are only allowed to use any of resources that are considered Legal for play by Legends of the Galaxy. Players are expected to follow the official character creation process. All players are expected to own either the Specialization Deck or the Rules Supplement for the specialization they are intending to play. (No Pirated PDFs allowed)
Follow the below 10 steps to create your Star Wars Legends of the Galaxy Character.
Step 1: Read the Rules
- Players use the official rules of the Star Wars Roleplaying Game by Fantasy Flight Games for character creation (Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, or Force and Destiny)
- Players must own a physical copy of one of the CORE Rule Books and either the Specialization Deck or the Rules Supplement book that contains the Specialization they choose to create and play.
- Players are expected to review all of the Legends of the Galaxy Play Rules.
- Blank form fillable character sheets can be downloaded here: Click Here
Step 2: Background
- A Player should understand the basic story of Legends of the Galaxy and create a character who will play well with other characters. In Legends of the Galaxy we assume that your character is a HERO of some type. While that does not mean you must be a good guy. It does mean that if you choose to play a more evil character that you do not create a character who would become disruptive at a table. All characters should play well with others.
- As part of your background your character should select a faction to belong to. The faction system was created to make it easier for GMs to get your player involved into a story. These include special Faction Mission Objectives that they may assign during an event. These faction missions often trigger in conjunction with your Duty, Obligation, or Morality.
- Players should decide which CORE rule book to use for their initial character creation. They are expected to use the starting mechanic of the book they choose to create a character from.
- Characters are assumed to begin play with a party size of 5 when determining Obligation or Duty.
- Each character must select either 1 Obligation or 1 Duty as noted in the Edge of the Empire or Age of Rebellion Rulebooks. Character's who are also Force Sensitive and have a Force Rating of at least 1 also gain the Morality mechanic as noted in Force and Destiny.
- Players are allowed to take on additional Obligation or less Duty for bonus xp or credits following the official rules. Force and Destiny Characters may take on more Obligation or Less Duty but may not also gain the benefit for additional credits, additional xp, higher, or lower morality.
Step 4: Choose your Race
- Players are allowed select any species out of any of the official Star Wars RPG products created by Fantasy Flight Games
- Furthermore, players are allowed to select a species from the Unofficial Species Menagerie - Click Here
- If Fantasy Flight Games puts out a product that contradicts the Unofficial Species Menagerie then the player character is expected to adjust there character to match the Species Stats for the Official Star Wars RPG by Fantasy Flight Games
Step 5: Select a Starting Career & Specialization
- Players May Select any of the official Careers & Specializations detailed in any of the Official Star Wars RPG products created by Fantasy Flight Games; Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, or Force and Destiny
Step 6: Spending Experience Points
- Players are allowed to spend their starting Experience points as noted under their Alien Species Race stat block as noted in any of the Star Wars RPG books by Fantasy Flight Games.
Step 7: Selecting your Starting Equipment
- Players by default earn 500 starting credits to be spent how they wish.
- Players are prohibited from purchasing Restricted Items during Character Creation.
Step 8: Group Resource
- You can gain the benefit of a Group Resource by playing one of the Beginner Box Adventures. (Edge of the Empire you gain Kyrat Fang a YT-1300 starship) (Age of Rebellion you gain your choice of a Lambda Shuttle or a Rebel Base) (Force and Destiny you gain the benefit of either a Holocron, or a Mentor)
- During each game the table will select which Group Resource they wish to use during that day's adventure. All of the players at the table will gain the benefit of that group resource for that day's game.)
- At the start of your first session with a new character inform your Game Master and he will allow you to make a single D100 dice roll for starting spending credits.
Step 9: Post your Character Online
- Players are expected to join our discussion board and post their character in the Legends of the Galaxy Discussion Board. Simply create a new threat specific to your character - Click Here
Step 10: Ready to Play your First Adventure
- At the start of your first session with a new character inform your Game Master and he will allow you to make a single D100 dice roll for starting spending credits. This will be in addition to any Day Job Checks you earn for that event.